If drying clothes are taking too long, whether it’s the cold weather or keeping up to the demands of a large family household, an indoor electric airer is the perfect home appliance to speed up laundry drying.
Here are our top 5 best heated clothes airers reviewed – they can cut drying times in less than half, while not consuming too much energy to do it.
Our 5 Best Heated Clothes Airers Reviewed
5. Fine Elements Foldable Heated Airer
No products found.
- Energy Consumption – Costs less than 5p per hour to operate and comes with a cable measuring 1.4m
- Construction – Lightweight build that allows easy movement and storage. The airer also comes fitted with an illuminated on and off switch that provides additional safety.
- Drying Space Capacity – Users can hang a load of wet clothes that weigh up to 10kg. The fold-out wings provide additional hanging space for your clothes. In total, the provided drying space is 11.2m.
- Drying Design – Users can hang their clothes on the airer’s rings that are located on the one-tier shelf. The fold-out wings provide additional rings for you to hang clothes.
With the Fine Elements Foldable Heated Airer, you get to speed-up the drying process of your loads of wet clothes. The dryer is energy efficient as it consumes incredibly low power compared to a tumble dryer.
Its size and ability to fold flat makes it ideal for minimal living spaces. What’s more, the 1.4-meter cable size provides ample length for users to plug it into power sources located away from the laundry room.
4. JML DriBUDDi
- Energy Consumption – Boasts a powerful yet gentle 1,200W motor that provides 25% more drying power than other electric clothes dryers. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about excessive energy consumption as the dryer consumes only a fraction of the power required to operate a tumble dryer.
- Construction – The airer is built from durable, lightweight aluminium that doesn’t rust. What’s more, the additional shoe rack, middle-rack and carrying case from the Deluxe edition ensures you get the most out of the JML DriBUDDi airer.
- Drying Space Capacity – The dryer has up to 20 separate segments that provide adequate space for a a wash load weighing up to 10kg.
- Drying Design – Utilising gentle warm air that circulates within the cylindrical cocoon, a timer is set and clothes are warmed up and dried within 2-3 hours.
If you’re looking for an electric clothes airer that is energy efficient and doesn’t take up much floor space, then the JML DriBUDDI fits the bill. Your clothes get to dry in one place, saving you the additional cost that comes with buying pricey tumble dryers. With this foldable heated dryer, you no longer need to hang wet clothes on chairs, radiators or banisters, which can leave them stiff and full of damp patches.
The cocoon cover allows the air to dry clothes fast similar to freshly-aired results of an outdoor clothesline only it is much quicker.
As such, clothes do not shrink, and they also have fewer creases. The ironing time is also reduced significantly. The deluxe option allows users to add hanging racks as well as a shoe-drying rack.
DriBuddi only weighs 4.4 kgs and comes in a beautiful turquoise colour. The package comes with a motor unit, a cocoon cover, a clothes hangar unit, a lower tube and three supporting legs.
3. John Lewis 3-Tier Heated Indoor Clothes Airer
- Energy Consumption – The John Lewis two-tiered indoor airer produces up to 300W of heat with surface temperatures of 40-50°C, ensuring your clothes dry fast.
- Construction – This electric clothes airer is made of a sturdy yet lightweight aluminium alloy. Its portability allows you to carry and store the airer easily. The dryer works well with most fabrics, but users should not use it with clothes that can’t hold up to 50°C of temperature.
- Drying Space Capacity – There are 3 shelves that are able to holds a maximum of 5kg clothes, and 4 hooks for footwear.
- Drying Design – It has two tiers and four hooks, which are ideal for hanging socks, slippers and underwear.
With the John Lewis 3-Tier Heated Indoor Clothes Airer, you can now dry your clothes fast without strewing your radiator. Plug it into the main switch to get this aluminium alloy airer heat up and hang your wet laundry on the 3 tiers.
This lightweight aluminium indoor airer is extremely versatile as it allows users to set it up to suit their needs. As such, users can fold it out to hang socks, T-shirts and other small items and lay delicate items flat to avoid stretching. Big towels and sheets should be hanged flat so that they won’t touch the floor.
For portability, this is one of the best heated clothes airers as it’s designed to hold plenty of clothes while still being able to be stored in tight spaces when not in use.
2. Dry:Soon Deluxe 3-Tier Heated Airer
- Energy Consumption – Costs less than 6p per hour to heat it up. The dryer produces up to 300W of heat output.
- Construction – It is made of durable, lightweight aluminium, making it easy to move from one place to another. The airer can fold down to 9cm or less for easier storage.
- Drying Space Capacity – The dryer comes with 21m of drying space that holds up to 15kg of wet laundry. Its open-sided shelves allow easy access.
- Drying Design – It features a control panel at eye level compared to the previous ground level design for hassle-free use. The castors are detachable if you want to carry the dryer away or are loading or unloading it. It also comes with additional clips that hold the airer together when storing it.
The Dry:Soon Deluxe 3-Tier Heated Airer is an upgraded design from the manufacturer’s original models. This electric clothes airer is versatile, economical and provides the much-needed convenience by most homeowners.
Its versatility is evident by the detachable castors that are installed to help users carry the dryer away or load and unload it. It also features a flexible timer that allows you to run it for as long as you want, which provides adequate heat that does not damage delicate clothes.
1. Dry:Soon 3-Tier Heated Tower Airer
No products found.
- Energy Consumption – It only costs 6p per hour for the dryer to operate, producing up to 300W of energy. Users who want to speed up the drying process may use the dryer’s three-tier cover that locks the heat in and speeds up drying.
- Construction – The heated airer is made of lightweight aluminium and can fold down to 8cm or less for hassle-free storage.
- Drying Space Capacity – The dryer holds up to 15kg of wet clothes and has 21m of drying space. It’s also pretty versatile as users can dry hang socks, t-shirts and other large items over the rings. The pair of mesh shelves that are available separately may come in handy for users who want to hang delicate items flat.
- Drying Design – Consisting of 3-tiers of shelves that can fold flat against a wall, this electric clothes airer is designed for small to medium sized households where space may be an issue.
After the introduction of the first tower airer in 2008, Dry:Soon’s product raced on to clinch the bestseller position. The company has since produced standard range airers with each model providing new features to enhance the user’s convenience.
One of their best heated clothes airer is their 3-Tier Heated Tower Airer which features three tiers of drying space in which the shelves can be altered to suit its surrounding space.
The pair of mesh shelves available separately may come in handy for users who want to hang delicate items flat.
When not in use, the Dry:Soon 3-Tier Heated Tower Airer can be folded down to just 8cm, making it much more convenient for storage in homes that lack the space.
Final Word | Best Heated Clothes Airers
With new houses providing incredibly small living spaces, homeowners are compelled to be creative on how to utilise these areas.
Heated clothes airers consume relatively minimal space in the household, and with the weather getting chilly by the day and lack of space for an outdoor washing line, our top 5 best heated clothes airer will be a much needed household appliance.