No matter if you have a small, medium or large home, when it comes to drying the laundry, space can be better utilised with an indoor or outdoor wall mounted clothes airer.
In many months of the year, inside your home will be warmer than outside – extend the drying rack, hang up the clothes and conveniently push it back so it sits back subtly against the wall. Here are our top 5 best wall mounted clothes airers to save space and add convenience when laundry time arrives,
Our 5 Best Wall Mounted Clothes Airers
5. Leifheit Teleclip Wall Dryer | Indoors & Outdoors
With 4.2 metres of drying space, a width of 60cm and an extended length of 54cm, the compact Leifheit Teleclip Wall Dryer is perfect for fitting over a washing machine or radiator, on a balcony or above a bath.
The wall mounted dryer is sturdily made from plastic coated steel, so it’s suitable for indoor and outdoor use, and features rails at different heights to increase the flow of air, speeding up drying times. It’s easy to wipe clean and folds away completely when not in use.
4. Garden Trading Birch Extending Clothes Dryer | Indoors
The attractive Birch Extending Clothes Dryer by Garden Trading is crafted from high-quality birch plywood with 7 zinc extending rails that will hold an average sized washing machine load.
With a width of 90cm and a height of 33cm, this clothes airer is wide enough for an adequate amount of laundry while still being compact enough for mounting into a wide range of areas around the home.
A row of pegs is handy for hanging towels or items such as scarves when the dryer is closed. Finished in a contemporary chalk colour, this indoor wall mounted clothes airer will complement any decor and looks in place in a bathroom, utility room or kitchen.
3. Brabantia WallFix | Indoors & Outdoors
Solidly constructed of silver metal with 24m of drying space, the Brabantia WallFix fold-out wall mounted dryer has room for a full washing machine load, including larger items such as jeans and bedding.
Measuring 107 x 16 x 15cm, this large outdoor airer folds up compactly against the wall and is easy to open with one hand.
The large design of it means that the airer is more suited for outdoor use – in the garden or on a patio or balcony – though it can also be used indoors should you have enough space to contain it.
A fabric cover also keeps it clean and protected when not in use. The Brabantia WallFix comes with the manufacturer’s 5-year guarantee.
2. Leifheit Telegant Wall Dryer | Indoors & Outdoors
Simple and subtle, this wall mounted clothes airer – the Leifheit Telegant Wall Dryer – folds away fully when not in use, completely hiding the 8 rust proof metal drying rails that provide a generous 8.10 m of drying space.
The design is completed with a handy metal rail, perfect for holding small towels or other items. This wall mounted clothes airer is constructed in white painted rust proof metal, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Measuring just 10.5 x 101.5 x 6 cm, this hardwearing clothes airer is ideal for any situation where space is limited thanks to its slim profile.
1. Artweger RuckZuck Clothes Dryer | Indoors & Outdoors
If you have a lot of laundry to get dry, our top pick is the top quality Artweger RuckZuck Clothes Dryer: this hardwearing wall mounted clothes airer in weatherproof metal can be mounted on a balcony, patio or in the garden and is also handy for drying things indoors.
A durable installation kit makes fitting wall mounted clothes airer easy; no matter which of the 4 available you choose from – 60, 80,100, 120cm.
With durable plastic coated steel rods providing plenty of space for a family sized wash load, this sturdy clothes airer holds up to 20kg of wet clothes, with the capacity to dry even heavy items such as towels, denim jeans and work wear.
Top Features | Best Wall Mounted Clothes Airers
Explain the importance of each of the following features and how it can benefit the user:
- Construction – A wall mounted clothes airer can be constructed from metal, plastic or wood and may be intended for use indoors, outside or both.
- Drying Space – This element will depend on how many people’s laundry needs to be hung to dry at any one time. Most wall mounted clothes airers will provide a measurement of drying space in metres.
- Weight Capacity – Some are designed to take heavy washing loads while others are perfect for getting lighter things dry. Bear in mind, wet clothes are heavier than dry clothes, and this needs to be considered when assessing its weight capacity.
- Size – Check out its width and its length when extended to make sure it will fit into the space where you intend to mount it.
- Outdoor Suitability – If you are planning to use an outdoor wall mounted clothes airer make sure that it’s made from rustproof material or at least coated in anti-rust.