Top 5 Best Ironing Boards 2017Compare the specifications of our top 5 best ironing boards for 2017 in our comparison table below.
A very well constructed ironing board can do wonders for your ironing performance as it’s easy to set up, sturdy and will last you many years to come. If you’re thinking of investing in one, you cannot go wrong with these 5 best ironing boards for 2017 below. You can also read reviews these ironing boards here,Mobile and tablet users just swipe across...
Ice Water Wide
|Avg. Usr Rating|
|Selling Points||Wide ironing surface||• Inbuilt solid steam generator iron holder (holds up to 7kg)|
• Extra wide ironing surface
|• Heat resistant iron rest|
• Wide ironing surface
|• Infinite height adjustment|
• Movable heat resistant silicone iron rest
|• Movable flex guide to prevent tangling
• Infinite height adjustment
|Frame||22mm diameter steel tube||25mm diameter steel tube||T-legs||Loop legs||Four legs|
|Height Settings||4 - From 77 to 96cm||4 - From 77 to 96cm||From 63 to 105cm||9 - From 0 to 92 cm||9 - From 0 to 92 cm|
|Cover||Cotton with cord binder stretch system & foam underlay||100% cotton cover with resilient foam and viscose underlay||100% cotton cover with resilient foam and viscose underlay||Prozone heat reflective with extra thick felt underlay||Prozone heat reflective with extra thick felt underlay|
|Dimensions||124 x 38cm||124 x 45cm||135 x 45cm||122 x 38cm||122 x 38cm|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years||10 years||5 years||5 years|
Our 5 Best Ironing Boards Video Review
If you would rather watch a brief review of each of our 5 best ironing boards instead, just press play on the video to the left.
You can also read more in-depth reviews of them here.
Our Rating – This is based on our own research in product testing and user feedback. Clicking on each product takes you to Amazon’s product page where you can read customer reviews on the product you’re interested in.
Best Value / Top Rated / Top Specs / Best Choice – Products that we consider to excel in a certain area such as value for money, reputation or technology have been given one of our aforementioned labels of recognition.
Base – Does it have a mesh or solid base? A mesh base allows steam from an iron to pass through for more efficient ironing.
Height Settings – How many points of adjustment does it have and what height do they range from?
Child Lock – This ensures that the ironing board doesn’t collapse when it gets knocked against.
Transport Lock – This ensures that it remains closed during carrying or storage.
Non-Slip Caps – These are integrated on the feet of the frame to prevent it from moving around while you’re ironing.
Price – If you want to know the price of any of the models, just click on the Buy Now button or Check Price and you’ll be redirected to the product page on Amazon.co.uk. The reason we don’t put prices is because they constantly change and there are so many sellers offering different prices.
Why Should You Buy a Great Ironing Board?
There are clearly big differences between cheap ironing boards, and ones that are a bit pricier. Before you make your decision on what you’re going to get, know what you’re paying for and see whether it’s good value or not.
Here are a few reasons on why you may want to invest in a great ironing board.
- More Safe and Secure – If you have children roaming around the house, then this would be of concern to you. Many of the better models (particularly Brabantia ironing boards) have child safety and transport locks on them in case it accidentally gets hits and when you’re moving it around.
- Adjustable Height – If several people in your household are going to be using the ironing board, then being able to adjust the height of it to accommodate everyone’s height is useful. Some models have more adjustable positions than others.
- Long Warranty Period – You don’t want to buy a cheap ironing board only for it to break within the first month, and then not being able to return it after. Prominent brands such as Brabantia and Minky offer longer guarantee periods simply because they’re confident in the quality of their products and they want their customers to be too.
- Wider Surface Area – Ironing large items of clothing on a small and narrow surface can be frustrating and time consuming. A wider ironing area allows you to reposition clothing quicker and easier to make comfortable work of ironing.
- Mesh Base – For more effective ironing, you need a mesh base instead of a solid one because it allows steam to pass through.
- Solid and Sturdy Frame – The frame is one of the most important parts of an ironing board, and a poor quality frame completely ruins the foundation of your ironing experience. A quality frame will have thick metal tubes, even support legs with rubberised non-slip feet and a good sliding functionality for opening and closing the board.
- High Quality Cover – A cotton cover that has a good amount of foam underlay provides a smoother and more comfortable ironing experience. Certain covers also have a cord tightening system to ensure that it stays taut.
The above video is a presentation of the Brabantia Ice Water ironing board.
Above is a presentation video of the Brabantia Titan.
Other things that you may want to consider when making your purchase are:
- Large Steam Iron Holder – If you have a steam generator iron, then you’re going to need a large and sturdy iron holder to rest the unit on. There aren’t too many of these around, but a great model would be the Brabantia Ice Water Wide.
- Heat Resistant Iron Rest – You may have a habit of resting your iron face down on the cover which can be dangerous and also leave burn marks. If that’s the case then you should get an ironing board that has a heat resistant section for you to park your iron on.
- Attractiveness – This is the least important factor of all the aforementioned points, but it’ll have some significance to you because at the end of the day, who wants an ugly ironing board?
If any of the features mentioned are beneficial to you, then take a look at the 5 best ironing boards above as they feature several of them.