Hard and dry skin on your feet doesn’t feel or look good. Fortunately, you can remove the dead hard skin by using an electric foot file. As a result, your feet will feel much smoother and softer and you’ll never have to be self-conscious about them. Here are 5 of the best electric foot files of 2017 to smoothen your feet.Mobile and tablet users just swipe across...
|Rollers Included||1||2 (anti-bacterial)||1||2 (anti-bacterial)||1|
|Power Source||4 x AA Batteries (included)||Mains||4 x AA Batteries (included)||2 x AA Batteries (included)||2 x AA Batteries (included)|
|Price||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**|
Top Features – Best Electric Foot Files
Our Rating – This is based on our own research in product testing and user feedback. Clicking on each product takes you to Amazon’s product page where you can read customer reviews on the product you’re interested in.
Best Value / Top Rated – Products that we consider to excel in a certain area such as value for money, reputation or technology have been given one of our aforementioned labels of recognition.
Safety Mechanism – This is a built-in function that stops the unit from moving if too much pressure is applied to your skin.
Price – If you want to know the price of any of the models, just click on the Buy Now button or Check Price and you’ll be redirected to the product page on Amazon.co.uk. The reason we don’t put prices is because they constantly change and there are so many sellers offering different prices.
Have unsightly dry and hard skin on your feet? Then read our 7 best ways on how to get rid of hard skin on your feet.
Here’s a demonstration video of how to use the Scholl Pedi.
Benefits of Using an Electronic Foot File
An electric foot file is an effective and probably the best hard skin remover, much more advanced (but still rather simple) than a foot rasp or any other type of foot file. This is simply due to several reasons:
- It’s safer to use on your skin because it has no sharp blades and it rolls instead of scrapes
- It’s much easier and quicker to use because of the electronic rolling motion
- Certain models will have an electronic safety stop in case you’re applying too much pressure
- It’s more hygienic since the roller heads are usually anti-bacterial and can be replaced
- There are different types of roller heads for varying levels of skin toughness
By removing the hard skin, you can fix some of the symptoms of dry feet including:
- Skin cracking which can be very painful
- Roughness which can lead to skin cracks
- Itchiness which can lead to rashes
- Skin that’s flaky or peels
In the end, your skin will feel soft and smooth and your confidence will be boosted too. You won’t be bothered with any dry skin nuisance for a period of time.
Add to the fact that they’re very much affordable with just a small investment, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have one.
The very best in the market are the Scholl Pedi range and the Micro Pedi range by Emjoi, which are both featured in our comparison table above. Both models pretty much have the same instructions on how to use it, and both provide the same amazing results.
After you’ve finished buffering your feet, you should also use moisturising cream to help you manage the dryness better over the long term.
Here’s a demonstration video of the Emjoi Micro-Pedi in action.
What Causes Dry Feet?
If you suffer from consistently having a dry foot or dry feet that cracks, then you’ll know how annoying it can be. Applying moisturising cream is just not enough because that only temporarily softens the hard skin but it doesn’t remove it.
Unfortunately, there is no real cure for dry feet and it’s something that occurs since there are no oil glands in the feet. It’s especially common among older people and diabetics, but it can affect everyone with varying degrees of dryness from mild cases to more severe.
The most common causes of dry feet are:
- If you have a skin condition such as eczema, athlete’s foot and psoriasis, just to name a few
- If you spend too long in direct contact with the sun
- Dry air caused by low humidity levels
- The cold weather
- Having an overly hot shower or bath
- High levels of activity on your feet such as playing sports
If some of those causes apply to you, then it’s a good idea to stop doing it if it’s a cause that can easily be resolved. However, not all of them are unavoidable but a temporary fix to the problem would be to make good use of an electric foot file which will do wonders for you.
Other useful tips to help prevent hard and dry skin on your feet are:
- Use moisturising creams and lotions often particularly every time after your feet gets wet
- Avoid scratching or rubbing areas that are affected, which is difficult but doable
- Do not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in it since it’ll only worsen the problem
- Wear breathable footwear that prevents excessive sweating
- Instead of rubbing your body with a towel when you get out the bath or shower, pat yourself down instead as it’s kinder to your skin
- Try not to dry out the air in your room by using a heater
- Keep moisture in the air by using a humidifier unit
You may also be interested in our 7 Best Ways On How to Get Rid of Hard Skin On Feet.