Brita water filter kettles are a simple and effective means of enjoying better tasting hot drinks with noticeably clearer filtered water. The kettles have built-in replaceable filters, designed to help reduce impurities and limescale from tap water, without the need for a separate water filter system.
This article reviews 5 of the best Brita water filter kettles of 2017 currently on the market, helping you to choose the one that most suits your taste.
Our 5 Best Brita Water Filter Kettles Reviewed
5. Russell Hobbs 20760
- Premium quality Schott glass which improves durability and enhances style
- Sleek blue illumination design that lights up your kitchen
- Perfect pour spout will help to avoid annoying spillages
- One cup feature of this kettle will maximise energy efficiency
The Russell Hobbs 20760 Purity Glass Brita Kettle is a top of the range model packed with lots of great features. This elegant and sleek kettle is manufactured using premium quality Schott glass and is designed to look great in any kitchen. The effect is enhanced by the beautiful blue illumination emitted as the kettle boils.
But it’s more than just a good looking kitchen appliance. This 1 litre capacity kettle boasts 3kw of power with a rapid boil function, and has a one cup feature for improved energy efficiency. The 360 degree base means that it is equally suited to right-handed or left-handed people and the clever design of the ‘perfect pour’ spout helps to eliminate any unwanted spills.
A filter cartridge is included with the kettle and there is a handy cartridge replacement counter in the lid to indicate when a new one is required.
One of the great benefits of this model is that it is also effective as a cold water filter jug, when not being used to heat water. This appliance rates highly amongst Brita filter kettle reviews.
This appliance rates highly amongst Brita filter kettle reviewers with the appearance and build quality being complimented. Users report that the kettle is quick to boil, has great design and build quality, is easy to clean and maintain and dramatically improves the taste of their hot drinks.
4. Russell Hobbs 18554 Purity
- 3000 watt rapid boil feature means less waiting around for your drink
- Cartridge replacement indicator easily shows when a new cartridge is required
- Boil dry cut out prevents damage and increases safety
This opaque plastic kettle is enhanced visually by a neat stainless steel trim and emits a pleasant blue illumination when in use. The 1 litre capacity is sufficient to produce up to 4 cups of great tasting tea or coffee each time, whilst the useful one cup option provides obvious economical benefits.
The kettle has a rapid boil capability and an automatic boil dry cut out feature to ensure that the kettle will not operate, risking damage as a result of insufficient water. The easy open lid has a digital filter cartridge replacement reminder and the 360 degree base section helps to keep worktops tidy and safe by providing storage space for the cord.
The Russell Hobbs 18554 ranks very highly compared to other filter kettles and feedback suggests that users rate the build quality very highly. Many users report favourably on the amount of limescale reduction, especially in hard water areas. Its performance in relation to filtering impurities from the water is highlighted often. Furthermore, this kettle comes with a standard 2 year guarantee for added peace of mind.
3. Morphy Richards 120003
- Brita Maxtra Technology Filter provides protection from limescale
- Safety boil dry protection
- 1.5 litre capacity means less kettle filling
- Push button lid enables one handed operation
The Morphy Richards Brita Filter Kettle offers great value for money and comes in a range of stylish colours (black, white or red) offering choice to match any home or décor. The generous 1.5 litre liquid capacity compares very favourably amongst other smaller capacity kettles on the market, and is capable of providing up to 6 cups of freshly filtered hot and cold drinks with each boil.
This neat, plastic kettle has a transparent middle section containing a handy water level indicator so you can see how much water is required.
And with 3000 watts of power, you won’t have to wait long to enjoy your favourite cuppa.
A push button lid means the kettle can be filled easily with one hand, whilst the base section helps to keep your kitchen space clean and tidy, by providing storage space for the cord.
Many consumers have commented on the excellent value and quality of this product; the plastic body is robust and well designed. Feedback is also positive in relation to the performance of the water filter aspect with many people stating that they would not go back to using a non-filter kettle after using this model. With a 2 year warranty and a free filter cartridge, this appliance certainly holds a solid position in our Brita filter kettle reviews.
2. Russell Hobbs 22851
- Removable washable filter to keep the kettle in top condition
- Striking transculent design that’s is eye catching
- 1 litre capacity will produce 4 cups of tasty drinks with each boil
- Cartridge replacement indicator helps to monitor cartridge life
A trendy looking transparent kettle with striking white inserts, this plastic kettle certainly looks the part and delivers every time with freshly filtered water making great tasting hot drinks. It has lots of useful and practical features such as a removable washable filter, cartridge replacement display and a pleasing blue illumination indicating the stages of boiling.
This kettle is lighter than most of its competitors at just over 1kg in weight, and is very easy to handle with its full 360 degree base, making it suitable for both right handed and left handed users. The powerful 3kw element ensures that water heats to its boiling point in quick time. Consumers will be able to start enjoying better tasting drinks immediately with a free filter cartridge included in the box.
People who bought this kettle report being very happy with their purchase. Many users compliment the stylish design as well as the effectiveness of the product. The simplicity of having a kettle that filters and boils at the same time is often remarked upon, as is the great value for money.
1. Morphy Richards 43960
- Brushed stainless steel will complement every style of kitchen whether contemporary or traditional
- Protection from limescale due to the Brita Maxtra Technology Filter
- Generous 1.5 litre capacity ensures optimal efficiency and economy
- Ergonomic handle makes this kettle very ease to use
This sturdy and elegant kettle is finished in quality brushed stainless steel and packs a performance to match its superb looks. With a capacity of 1.5 litres and 3kw of power it can produce up to 6 cups of your favourite hot drinks in super quick time.
The ergonomic design is aesthetically pleasing and the transparent measured water gauge lets you know just how much water is in the kettle.
The free filter cartridge means you can start enjoying your favourite drinks straight from the box and the cartridge replacement indicator lets you know when you need to fit a new one. Filling the kettle is easy with a push button action to release the lid. The boil dry cut-out safety feature prevents any damage if there isn’t enough water inside, making this well-built and beautifully designed kettle an obvious choice for consumers.
This is a very highly rated kettle and performs well in reducing limescale build up, thereby extending the life of the kettle in hard water regions. With its brushed stainless steel exterior it also draws many positive comments for its attractiveness and quality of finish.
The Benefits of Brita Water Filter Kettles
There are numerous benefits associated with using Brita water filter kettles as opposed to a regular electric kettle:
- Improves Longevity of the Kettle – They are especially beneficial in hard water areas where limescale can build up over time, reducing the performance and longevity of appliances.
- Cleaner and Healthier – A filter kettle will reduce such limescale build up and will help to filter out impurities such as copper, lead and chlorine, resulting in cleaner, healthier and better tasting water.
- Better Tasting Drinks – Filtered water not only looks noticeably clearer and more appealing, it even smells fresher and improves the taste of hot drinks, such as tea and coffee.
- Better Tasting Food – Whilst filter kettles are designed primarily for the purpose of producing hot drinks, they can also be used for providing better tasting cold drinking water and are useful for heating water for use in cooking, when preparing pasta, rice or vegetables for example.
- Ultimate Convenience – One of the beauties of using a water filter kettle is that you don’t require a separate filtration system before filling the kettle, thus making the process faster and cheaper, and maximising counter or fridge space in the kitchen at the same time.
- Environmentally Friendly – The replaceable cartridges are recyclable, environmentally friendly, readily available and simple to remove and install. There are several makes and models of water filter kettles on the market ensuring there is a best Brita water filter kettle for everyone.
Hopefully, this article has helped to explain the benefits of using water filter kettles as an alternative to traditional non-filter kettles, and has given you some pointers towards choosing the best Brita water filter kettle for your household.